nch discovered a loophole in the Spaaace! rules where e might win a
space battle automatically if e doesn't have a spaceship when it comes
time to resolve the battle. I haven't been following closely enough to
know if the current opinion is that that works.

However, it's fairly clear that we can destroy and create spaceships
at will (creating only works if you don't currently own one), so
there's not much risk to destroying your spaceship. I recommend
destroying your spaceship just in case nch would otherwise win eir
battle with you, otherwise nch might get a Spaaace! victory. (E
initiated the battles in a message with subject "Phantom Strike".)

--
- Falsifian