Feedback inline.

Gaelan

> On Jan 16, 2020, at 7:54 AM, Timon Walshe-Grey via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> Trigon's "Interesting Chambers" idea got a great deal of popular support
> and doesn't deserve to be dropped solely because e left us, so I've
> updated it to incorporate all the changes suggested since eir last
> draft. Any further comments?
>
> -twg
>
> -----
> Title: Interesting Chambers v3
> AI: 3.0
> Author: // any volunteers?
> Co-authors: Trigon, Aris, G., Jason Cobb, twg
>

> Enact a new Rule of Power 2.0, entitled "Ministries", with the following
> text:
>
>      A Ministry is an entity defined as such by this rule. Each
>      Ministry has a goal. The Ministries of Agora, and their goals, are
>      as follows:
>
>       A. Ministry of Justice: serve justice to rulebreakers
>       B. Ministry of Efficiency: see official duties performed swiftly
>       C. Ministry of Legislation: see votes cast on proposals
>       D. Ministry of Participation: reward players for achievements
>       E. Ministry of Economy: encourage economic activity and contracts
>
>      Interest is an office switch, tracked by the ADoP, whose possible
>      values are lists of ministries, defaulting to the empty list. The
>      ADoP CAN flip an office's interest without objection.

Any reason we don’t just define this within the rules? Isn’t something that
should need to change except when offices change, so we can just do this by
proposal.

>      For each item of each office's interest, that office's holder's
>      voting strength is increased by 2 on proposals whose chamber is
>      set to that ministry.
>

> Enact a new Rule of Power 2.0, entitled "Proposal Classes", with the
> following text:
>
>      Proposals created since the enactment of this rule have a Class
>      switch with possible values ordinary (the default) and democratic.
>
>      When a proposal with an adoption index greater than 2.0 is
>      created, its class becomes democratic.
>
>      Any player CAN, with 2 Agoran consent, flip an ordinary proposal's
>      class to democratic, provided that it is in the Proposal Pool.

The proposal pool is only proposals that haven’t started voting, right? I think
this lets the Promotor avoid eir proposals being democratic by creating them
and starting voting in the same message.

>      The classes of proposals in the Proposal Pool are tracked by the
>      Promotor. The classes of proposals with unresolved Agoran
>      Decisions on their adoption are tracked by the Assessor. The
>      classes of other proposals are untracked. // This seems a little messy
> but not sure how else to do it

Maybe just make them all untracked and then list it as information that needs
to be included when proposals are started/resolved.

> Enact a new Rule of Power 2.0, entitled "Proposal Chambers", with the
> following text:
>
>      Chamber is an ordinary proposal switch whose possible values
>      include unset (the default) and each of the ministries of Agora.
>
>      A proposal's chamber SHOULD only be decided by which ministry's
>      goals it effects to the greatest degree. //
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/effect#Verb
>
>      Any player CAN, with 2 Agoran consent, flip the chamber of an
>      ordinary proposal to any ministry, provided that it is in the
>      Proposal Pool.

I don’t think there’s any mechanism to remove the chamber once it’s been set,
even if the proposal becomes democratic.