Alexis wrote:
> > Amend Rule 217, "Interpreting the Rules", by inserting "authorial
> > intent," after "past judgements,".
>
> Quite opposed; this would require judges to read mailing lists to determine
> intent.

Fair enough! Like I said, mostly there to provoke discussion. Would you
feel differently if the Rulekeepor kept references to relevant
discussions?

> >         - Otherwise, if e has not been awarded that type of Ribbon or
> >           the corresponding type of Glitter since e last earned or
> >           came to qualify for that type of Ribbon, e CAN, by
> >           announcement, award emself that type of Glitter.
> >

> This would not allow multiple Glitter awards for consecutive Ribbons, e.g.
> from a series of proposals (except for the Assessor). Is this intentional?

It intentionally replicates the current behaviour. I suspect _that_ was
unintentional, but I figure it'd be better to wait and see what people
think the behaviour should be when G.'s CFJ about it resolves than try
to "fix" it now.

-twg