On 2/9/2020 3:01 PM, Alexis Hunt via agora-discussion wrote:
> I strongly oppose this. In my view, inquiry cases should generally
> *not* be the officer making the initial interpretation, at least not
> preferentially. Inquiry cases are effectively the fallback appeal
> mechanism, and should remain a balanced system. I would rather see a
> separate path for administrative interpretations.

Skeletal outline for simple memorandum:

  * A valid memorandum is considered "game custom" for the purposes of
    interpreting law;

  * a memorandum is invalid only if a CFJ finds it is arbitrary and
    capricious or reckless in its disregard for the rules text;

  * elected offices only;

  * a non-interim officeholder CAN issue a memorandum w/2 Agoran Consent;

  * valid memoranda are tracked with the officer's most frequent report;

  * when an new person is elected to an office, all previous memoranda for
    that office become invalid;

  * during the nomination period of an election, a nominee can publish a
    document listing memoranda for the office.  If e is elected, those
    memoranda become valid;