On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 2:01 AM Rebecca <edwardostra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 12:40 AM Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

>> official
>> >
>> > Could you elaborate on this? nch seems to be proposing a new paradigm
>> for
>> > these offices that wouldn't expect them to always be filled. This is in
>> > line with previous discussions that proposed similar things. I think
>> that
>> > your response without further explanation is very rude and
>> inappropriately
>> > dismissive of eir ideas, particularly after we've put up with your
>> recent
>> > sloppy win attempt.
>> >

>> Having seen Reportor come and go so many times I agree with R. Lee, the
>> issue for me is that it's really a bit of creative writing on game
>> summaries.  Which is good and definitely adds to the game when it happens,
>> but doesn't really fit with a held-office weekly-report model.  The most
>> successful runs have been those who did it voluntarily when it wasn't an
>> office, and didn't worry about skipping a few weeks, didn't worry about
>> tracking the office, etc.
>>
>> It might be worth experimenting with "tasking" type of responsibility for
>> this one without calling it an office e.g. some version of "If no player
>> has published the Newspaper in the current week, any player CAN do so."
>>
>> -G.
>>

>> I have never once got any value out of any form of the newspapers (well
> except the ones I intentionally published with no text to get paid lol),
> mainly because it's actually a lot easier to catch up on the game by
> reading emails than by reading someone's incomplete summary of those emails.
>
> --
> From R. Lee

I suppose it wouldn't be all that bad to have a sentence in the rules like
"A player CAN publish a newspaper weekly. Any player can award the writer
of a newspaper 10 coins with agoran consent" (the agoran consent is for
minimum quality standards)

The problem with economic rewards of that sort, of course, is that the
economy has NO VALUE WHATSOEVER right now. the time i had the most fun in
this game and it was most active was the broken boom/bust economy when
everyone was filing 40 proposals a week because it only cost one coin some
weeks (after the boom). There's much less engagement when it costs zero
coins!
--
>From R. Lee
  • DIS: Protos: Two Smal... nch via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Protos:... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Pro... Rebecca via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
              • ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
                • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
                • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
                • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
              • ... nch via agora-discussion
                • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
              • ... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Pro... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion