On 5/14/2020 7:44 AM, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> Eh, not so much ripping off as a perennial discussion point - whether
> blots are seen as genuine cheating/taboos to be avoided, versus being
> acceptable penalties accumulated during game play, is a pendulum that's
> gone back and forth a few times I think.

One way we supported both in the past is to name the concepts differently.
 We had Crimes and Infractions:
>     An entity may be convicted of a Crime only by a judicial finding
>     that e has committed that Crime.  An entity may be convicted of
>     an Infraction only by announcement of a Player authorized by the
>     Rules to report the commission of that Infraction.

The currency of punishment was blots for both (so they were fungible in
that sense), but crimes were "people really shouldn't do this, it's
cheating" and infractions were "the cost of doing business".