On 5/14/2020 12:00 AM, Reuben Staley wrote:
> On 5/13/20 5:54 PM, nch wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:42:08 PM CDT you wrote:
>>> For blog-b-gones, I'd think we'd want 1, maybe 2 a week? I mean, we only
>>> blot people like once a month anyway...?
>>>
>>> -Aris
>>
>> Well that's an easy fix. We just need to commit/make-up more Agoran crimes.
>
> This was something I was going to point out when I got to my computer,
> but someone beat me to it, it looks like. I, for one, would be perfectly
> fine with being a lot harsher on crimes.

When we had that old system, blots were a bit more transactional and part
of gameplay.  Every missed report was blotted, but some officers just
shrugged and had a few blots all the time.  At least one subgame used
blots as gameplay penalties that were socially acceptable to accumulate.
Though some crimes were clearly more "unacceptable" so it was mixed (not
sure if that made it "harsher" just a different mindset).

-G.