On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 6:06 PM Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via
agora-discussion <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> > On May 24, 2020, at 20:58, nch via agora-business
> > <agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> >> *groans*
> >>
> >> Back to non-empty proposal pool reports I see. *sigh*
> >>
> >> I may propose changing this at some point so that I only have to
> >> report pending proposals, but that's the sort of thing that can be
> >> dealt with later.
> >>
> >> -Aris
> >
> > Sorry Aris. On the plus side PSS did just point out a good tiny adjustment.
> > withdraw Sets v1.3 and pledge not to submit any proposals until after the
> > next
> > distribution.
>
> If we’re putting this off until the next distribution, then I’ll provide some
> substantive thoughts on this matter. What if we made the author of a
> non-pending proposal responsible for its record-keeping but remove the
> responsibility to do so? That way the Promotor’s workload doesn’t increase,
> and excess proposals would self-ratify out of existence.

That seems too complicated to me. G.'s model is the way we've done it
before, I just don't like it because tracking proposals that don't end
up being distributed feels like unnecessary work. It does serve some
utility by giving people a list of things they can pend, I just find
it annoying and am prone to grumbling. In any case, I can propose to
change this later.

-Aris