On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 4:03:35 PM CDT Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via
agora-discussion wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 5:00 PM Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
>
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> > On 6/3/2020 1:46 PM, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion wrote:

> > > Honestly, it might just be better to nuke the last paragraph of that
> > > rule - it doesn't really add anything.
> >
> > Middle ground: recognize that both "publicity of a forum" and
> > "Cantus/Writs" are well-defined terms of art so the "as described in..."
> > clauses aren't needed at all.
> >
> > And here:
> > >     an action by a set of one or more dependent actions identified in
> > >     Rule 1728
> >
> > R1728 starts:
> > >     The following methods of taking actions are known as "dependent
> >
> > >     actions":
> > so again, the term of art "dependent actions" is well-defined so the
> > "identified in Rule 1728" is also wholly unneeded.
>
> So would this be better to just remove the references?

I would rewrite it as:

      The Registrar's duties and abilities also include:

      * Changing the publicity of a forum

      * Publishing Cantus Cygnei and Writs of FAGE

The intent of this section when we added it was to have all of the
responsibilities of the Registrar identified in one rule for easy readability.
I think it's worth keeping.
--
nch