On 6/9/2020 11:21 AM, Alex Smith via agora-discussion wrote:
>  I submit the following proposal, "Barrel Rolling", AI-1:
>> A player CAN win the game, but it will cost em 100 barrels.
> This is unusual wording for this, and it looks a lot like it would permit a
> player to win the game without having 100 barrels.

Using what method?

> Is there any reason this isn't just "A player CAN spend 100 barrels to win
> the game"?

tbh, because I was a little bored with that stock phrasing, and the
reaction to it from commenters so far shows that IMO we've got a bit of a
dependence issue with stock phrases and invokations such that we question
every variant (even when the governing rule is fairly explicit at allowing
for variance).  That seems constraining and worth shaking up just a
little, from time to time.

As a practical matter, no awards will be made for a bit, so if this is
adopted I'll call a cfj and propose a fix for the wording if need be, to
make the judge happy :P

-G.
  • DIS: Re: BUS: [Propos... nch via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Re: BUS... James Cook via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Re: BUS... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Re: BUS... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
    • DIS: Re: BUS: [P... Alex Smith via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Re:... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Alex Smith via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Cuddle Beam via agora-discussion
            • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... James Cook via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
              • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
                • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
                • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
                • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
                • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion