On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 10:20 AM Kerim Aydin via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 6/13/2020 10:07 AM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm very concerned about this bit and considering a motion.  This greatly
> >> expands the scope of what we have to remember about past rules, greatly
> >> reduces clarity to new players, and considering there's many common terms
> >> that we drag into rules-definitions (e.g. "refer" or whatever) they should
> >> revert really quickly to common definitions when removed from the rules.
> >>
> >> Shiny was removed from the ruleset in early 2018.  That's two years.
> >> What's the limit?
> >>
> >> -G.
> >>

> > I thought that might be controversial. I think that the limit is the
> > point at which almost no one remembers the definition. Here, the
> > context and the recency both implied the definition. In the instance
> > of "refer", as long as we don't leave the mechanic after returning the
> > definition, it will almost immediately return to solely its common
> > language definition.

I may end up overturning this to some extent in CFJ 3846. I think
there's a better way of handling language interpetation than a case by
case full four factors analysis. I'm not sure whether we want to move
to reconsider.

-Aris
  • DIS: Re: BUS: CFJs 38... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Re: BUS... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Re:... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
              • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
                • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
                • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
              • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
              • ... ATMunn via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
    • DIS: Re: BUS: CF... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion