On 6/16/2020 5:01 PM, Aris Merchant wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:41 PM Aris Merchant wrote:

>> greatly
>> greatly
>> terms
>> should
>> rules.

>> I may end up overturning this to some extent in CFJ 3846. I think
>> there's a better way of handling language interpetation than a case by
>> case full four factors analysis. I'm not sure whether we want to move
>> to reconsider.
>
> Aris: *plans to fundamentally rethink the way Agorans look at language*
> Aris: "Gee, I wonder if this is going to be controversial?"

Controversial or not, if you're doing a "major review of past cases" I
don't think we need to file a motion on this one, I think treating your
case as a sort of appeals court and say "here's a handful of conflicting
CFJs, the current standard is leading to disparate results so let's try a
new standard" and not worry about re-hashing the past even if it's very
recent.

-G.

  • DIS: Re: BUS: CFJs 38... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Re: BUS... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Re:... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
              • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
                • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
                • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
              • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
              • ... ATMunn via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
    • DIS: Re: BUS: CF... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion