On 12/30/20 2:17 PM, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:

> On 12/30/2020 12:00 PM, Reuben Staley via agora-discussion wrote:
>> Amend Rule 2638 "Player Focuses" so that the second paragraph reads:
>>
>>     An active player CAN plan to flip eir own Ministry Focus by
>>     announcement at any time.
> I think it's an overall good idea and the above is a good use case.  I
> have a minor concern about the language.  "I plan to" is sort of a synonym
> for "I intend to" and I wonder if the plain language meaning would get
> confusing.  Something that might not come up in common language (but still
> a sensible metaphor) might be "I prepare to"?
Yea, I had similar misgivings about Plan to Flip when I originally
included it in the Focus mechanics. I think it works, but open to
alternatives that clearly delineate "this is a special game action"
while still sounding intuitive.

>> Amend Rule 2634 "Buoyancy Control" so that the second paragraph reads:
>>
>>     The Treasuror CAN, by announcement, plan to flip the Total
>>     Buoyancy to a specified value approximately equal to the sum of
>>     all coin balances at the time that e plans to flip it. Planning to
>>     flip the Total Buoyancy is part of the Treasuror's weekly duties,
>>     and the Treasuror SHOULD do so when e publishes eir weekly report.
> This one confuses me a little, as it changes the dynamics somewhat (the
> Treasuror can set the next month's Buoyancy nearly a month in advance).
> But part of that is weirdness with the current rule (the CAN for the first
> Eastman Week and a second CAN for the "more than once a month" makes it
> seem like if e misses in the first week, e can't do so later - it's
> weird).  No reason this can't work for "planning" but maybe the overall
> dynamics/purpose of this timing could use a tweak?
Trigon might have more to say, but ultimately the ability to do it
pretty much anytime with that SHOULD for the reports is a balance so the
Treasuror doesn't have a narrow window that they might miss (resulting
in it not being updated at all). The idea is that in practice it'd get
set weekly, with the last one being the only actually effective one, but
if the Treasuror misses the last week or two it still gets updated a bit
instead of staying the same as the previous month.

--
nix
Webmastor, Ministor