On 12/30/2020 3:15 PM, Reuben Staley via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 12/30/20 1:49 PM, nix via agora-discussion wrote:
>>> This one confuses me a little, as it changes the dynamics somewhat (the
>>> Treasuror can set the next month's Buoyancy nearly a month in advance).
>>> But part of that is weirdness with the current rule (the CAN for the first
>>> Eastman Week and a second CAN for the "more than once a month" makes it
>>> seem like if e misses in the first week, e can't do so later - it's
>>> weird).  No reason this can't work for "planning" but maybe the overall
>>> dynamics/purpose of this timing could use a tweak?
>> Trigon might have more to say, but ultimately the ability to do it
>> pretty much anytime with that SHOULD for the reports is a balance so the
>> Treasuror doesn't have a narrow window that they might miss (resulting
>> in it not being updated at all). The idea is that in practice it'd get
>> set weekly, with the last one being the only actually effective one, but
>> if the Treasuror misses the last week or two it still gets updated a bit
>> instead of staying the same as the previous month.
> This was indeed the intent. If I can't make the report for a few weeks
> in a row it will still be updated. Inflation will lag somewhat,
> definitely more than it does now, but I would argue that that is a small
> price to pay for much more predicatability within the system. If you
> would prefer, G., that I just make this change by itself and leave the
> restructuring of the plan language a separate proposal then I may do
> that (or I may just drop the centralization of the plan language).

Ok, understanding the concept:  "The Treasuror CAN plan the flip by
announcement, SHOULD do so once per week, and MUST do so least once per
month" makes perfect sense to me, and I think is fine for gameplay.

The first draft doesn't carry across that intent though (to me anyway!), I
think dropping the Weekly Duties part and the whole "can and may more than
once a week... but should not" clause would streamline it without losing
functionality.

-G.