ais523 wrote:

On Wed, 2021-01-06 at 13:34 -0700, Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
wrote:
I know I did this with PAoaM, but I wanted to find a more relevant
example. Turns out that the phrases "registered person" and
"unregistered person" are used in Rule 869/47. I'd say that this kind
of implicit relationship between adjectival switch values and that
switch's possessor have plenty of precedent.

IIRC there used to be an explicit rule stating that switch values could
be used as adjectives to describe entities that had a switch with that
value. I'm not sure when (or if) it got repealed.

I suspect it did, it would probably require digging through the
archives though. We do still have this from Rule 2162:

      "To flip an instance of a switch" is to make it come to have a
      given value. "To become X" (where X is a possible value of
      exactly one of the subject's switches) is to flip that switch to
      X.

so "I become active" would explicitly be an effective equivalent to "I
flip my activity switch to active".