On Sun, 2021-09-26 at 21:24 -0400, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 9/26/21 21:16, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
> > On 9/26/2021 5:55 PM, Telna via agora-discussion wrote:
> > > The phrase "arbitrary proposals" in AIAN means that ANY permanent
> > > limitation on what a proposal can do ossifies Agora, since then your
> > > proposals can't be truly arbitrary anymore.
> > >
> > Wait does that mean the don't ossify Agora rule has ossified Agora?
> >
> > If so, Agora is ossified, and since it can't become ossified again, that
> > rule can't prevent anything from being ossified further?
> >
> > [The real answer is, I'm guessing, that a "any reasonable combination of
> > actions" could include a proposal that repeals the ossification rule, that
> > we time to take effect before the "arbitrary" proposal takes effect.  So
> > as long as both proposals could go through, we're fine.]
>
> Yep. See CFJs 3765 and 3766.

Right, the important point here is "permanent limitation". A
semipermanent limitation that we can repeal, like the one in AIAN,
doesn't create an ossification (as long as the repeal, plus a followup
proposal, would fit into the four-week time limit). A permanent
limitation would, though, regardless of its nature.

--
ais523