>From: "McKenna, Sean A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>1) When trying to explain the concepts of spatial variability and
>uncertainty, we have found that showing example realizations of what the
>possible distribution of contaminants could look like provides the groups
>involved to get a more intuitive understanding of these ideas.

Taking this a step further, there was a paper in the AAPG Stochastic
Modeling and Geostatistics Volume entitled "The Visualization
of Spatial Uncertainty" (R Mohan Srivastava) which proposes the use
of probability field simulation to generate dynamic animations
of different realizations. I have yet to see it being implemented in
commercial software, although in concept I can see the benefit
of having something like this to illustrate the "equiprobable"
realizations. The idea was to generate smooth transitions of
successive "frames" by sampling from adjacent columns of a set of
probability values, for a movie-like effect.

Syed

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful