From: Gregoire Dubois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 January 2006 15:01
To: ai-geostats@unil.ch
Subject: [ai-geostats] Optimization of monitoring networks

Dear list,

I am looking for references (and possibly software) on network optimization. The variable monitored has no importance and I am looking for references and topological algorithms.

A question I have is the following: given an area A with a particular shape (e.g. defined by country borders) and a number of stations N (e.g. for mobile phone emitters), how do I define the optimal locations for these stations?

Thanks for any hints.

Gregoire

Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre (JRC)

TP 441, Via Fermi 1
21020 Ispra (VA)
ITALY

Tel. +39 (0)332 78 6360
Fax. +39 (0)332 78 5466
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org
WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."

* To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following in the subject or in the
body (plain text format) of an email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Signoff ai-geostats