        From: Gregoire Dubois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Thu 12/01/2006 18:17
        To: 'Michel BOBBIA'
        Cc: ai-geostats@unil.ch
        Subject: RE: [ai-geostats] Optimization of monitoring networks

        Dear Michel,

        Good idea !

        I remember some of Werner Müller's papers and presentations but, as far
as I remember, he was not considering the impact of complex border effects
coming from the shape of the borders of the monitored area and was mainly
talking about optimizing sensor locations considering the spatial correlation
of the monitored phenomenon. Does his book discuss optimization regardless of
the monitored phenomenon?
        I guess answers to my question can be found in the field of
mathematical morphology but had no chance so far to find anything useful to me.
I guess people installing emitters/antennas for mobile phones have answers to
my question..

        Thanks,

        Gregoire

        Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)

        European Commission (EC)
        Joint Research Centre (JRC)
        WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org <http://www.ai-geostats.org/>

        "The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission."