Hello everyone. I guess it's one of those "should I use Akka for this"
posts.

I'm completely new to distributed application design and am trying to do
this test application to get some understanding on how it all works
together. Thus I would appreciate any feedback on the following application
design.

*Problem:*

Design a turn-based multiplayer game.

*Possible implementation:*

I'm thinking of the following high-level implementation/workflow:

Client (Mobile/Web/etc) <-> SignalR ASP MVC website <-> Azure/AWS MQ <->
Akka actors <-> DB

Each connected client will have a corresponding Player actor in Akka
backend.

All requests/responses for a client would go through SignalR ASP frontend
and delegated through message queue to appropriate backend actors.

All moves/state queries to the game would be made by those Player actors to
corresponding Gameactor in backend which will handle updating game state in
DB.

*Question:*

Does that design make sense? Is it a correct use-case for Akka?

Thanks,
Tagir.

p.s.

Copied from: