Hi,

I like most of the described changes.

Here are my personal reservations:

1. I prefer a single method name with many overloads over many method names
that say what are the arguments.

2. I think the usage of from in two places (e.g. BidiFlow.fromXYZ and
Builder.from(...), might be confusing.

The latter makes a lot of sense, so the former can be renamed to something
else. Being more used to RxJava\RxScala, I kind of like “of” which is very
succinct and intuitive.

Of course BidiFlow is just an example, in the list of renames there are
lots of fromXYZ methodz. I would replace them all with “of”.

This way when you need to create something, you always know to look for an
“of” method, or whatever consistent name you pick (this sort of works in
conjunction with my first comment).

3. I think loosing addEdge will make it harder for new comers to learn the
DSL, which is already not trivial (at least in my eyes as  compare it to
RxJava\RxScala).

Usually having less options can make things simpler, but in this case I
know I’ve used the addEdge method in order to try and make sense of how to
use the Akka streams DSL.

Adam