I've been trying to do this for a while and now I give up, could
someone help me with this please.

Given: undirected graph G and an integer k.
Does G contain an independent set of size of at least k?

Basically, I need to prove that the k-independent-set problem is in NP.
I can easily prove it on paper but I can't figure out the algorithm for
this and it should be super simple.

I need to prove that the correctness of a possible solution provided in
the form of a list of vertices can be verified in polynomial time.

i found this: http://www.geocities.com/dharwadker/independent_set/ but
i cant seem to put it in a few lines of code

i guess it should be something like 2 for loops... one inside the other
and then check that each neighbor of from the list is not connected to
the next in the solution... Grrr... =/ i dont see how to put it in
code. help please