even now i search through the paragraph linearly but 'word by word'
and once for each word to be marked and before inserting any tag...
searching the paragraph linearly 'char by char' would make the
algorithm more complex as i would have to check for each character
whether it is '<' or '>' or the beginning of a to be marked according
to ur logic