On Feb 6, 2008 5:42 AM, dor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> independent set). Also, minimum dominating set and maximum independent
> set are not the same problem (they are not equivalent problems). You

Again; I'll have to disagree. Of course they are not the same problem,
but they aren't the most incongruous.

To quote the fastest resource I can lay my hands on: :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominating_set
"Dominating sets are closely related to independent sets: a maximal
independent set in a graph is necessarily a minimal dominating set."

--
Rajiv Mathews