Greetings!

As the subject line specifies, am trying to compute the area of
overlap between two rectangles that can have any arbitrary
orientation. I plan to go about this by finding vertices of Rectangle1
contained in Rectangle2 and vice versa. Then, I will find the points
of intersection between the rectangles. Finally, I intend to compute
areas of individual triangles from a source vertex and add them to
calculate the final area of intersection.

I wanted to know if there is an easier way of doing this. Any pointer
to a more effective method (if any) will be very useful.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!