I suggest you should try to learn about Computer vision.

Ok you are young, I am 10 years older, and i can say that real-world
programming sucks, it is a waste of time to work as programmer, unless you
are making computer games or some hacking cracking virus/anti-virus  stuff.

The only good think is trying to solve some hard problems. And by trying to
solve that artifactial hard problems you gain deeper understanding of how
algorithms works, you learn about what can be done easily/ what is hard. And
somehow train your mind for problem solving.