On May 28, 8:27 am, Miroslav Balaz <gpsla...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> and that polygons are convex?

No, the polygon need not be convex,
though my algorithm is based upon an algorithm
that only works for convex polygons.
In fact the polygon need not be simple though
what you mean by area and chord for
non simple polygons needs to be defined.

Of particular interest are overlapping polygons.
Overlapping polygons can have multiple horizontal trapezoidizations.
In my paper I show that the sum of the areas of the trapezoids
of each trapezoidization is the same;
an intuitive result perhaps but it's not at all clear how to prove it.

My point in all this though is that the algorithm is simple enough
for a 15 year old interested in computational geometry to
implement.

Ralph Boland