Basically the index of ( a + b) in the final array will be ceil(( index of a
+ index of b )/2).
Also if there is a clash of indices you just have to compare the values at
those indices and adjust them.
I have run my concept with below two arrays and it works !!!

Arary A: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Array B: 2 3 5 6 8 9

addition of indices       8        4        5        11        6        11

addition of values     (2+9) ( 1+5)   (4+2)   (6+8)   ( 3+3) ( 5 + 9)

values: 11 6 6 14 9 14

Added indices:       4 5  6 8 11 11 ( These are not sorted indices, you will
know the indices of values in the final array right away after looking at
the indices of a and b )
indices/2:              2  3  3 4  6  6

corresponding final values    6 6 6 11 14 14

- Kishen Das