@amod
 as given   A->B      and    B->A are in sorted form...if not sort them in
O(n log n).
then
      first suggestion  A1+B1
   second suggestion  MIN( A1+B2 , B1+A2) ===> let it be B1+A2
  third suggestion  MIN( A1+B2 , A1+B3, A3+B1,A2+B3, A3+B2)====> let it be
A2+B3
   and so on...

@Dave what will be complexity of above solution...?
    i think O(n log n) for sorting and second part (suggestions) O(n)..

Guys do correct me plz...

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Amod <gam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Dave  You are partly correct.
>
> If i ask for four minimum fares for the round trip then
> first suggestion is what u said : sum the sum of the minimum cost from
> A to B and the minimum cost from B to A
> after that we have to see which combination from both costs, sums up
> least
>
> On Oct 14, 9:55 am, Dave <dave_and_da...@juno.com> wrote:
> > @Amod. Isn't the minimum sum the sum of the minimum cost from A to B
> > and the minimum cost from B to A? What am I missing?
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > On Oct 13, 11:06 pm, Amod <gam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi
> >
> > > I think I forgot to mention that the SUM of the ROUND trip i.e. A->B->A
>  (sum = going + returning) should be least.
> >
> > > Please don't take into account any other thing like time and
> > > availability.
> > > So solution is not that straightforward.
> >
> > > Its like we have two arrays and we have to return least k sum from the
> > > given arrays where we take one element from the first and one from
> > > second in the sum.
> >
> > > Cheers
> > > Amod

*Divesh*
(¨`·.·´¨) Always
   `·.¸.·´" Life can give u 100's of reason 2cry,but u can give life 1000's
of reasons 2Smile"