@Coolfrog$:

1. No. It should be O(n + k log k) because finding the kth smallest
element of an array of size n is O(n), using the Median of Medians
algorithm; see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_algorithm#Linear_general_selection_algorithm_-_Median_of_Medians_algorithm.

2. Assuming that the entries in A are distinct and so are the entries
in B, we can handle the equality of sums case:

find the smallest k elements of A and sort them into ascending order.
find the smallest k elements of B and sort them into ascending order.
ia = 1
ib = 1
output ia, ib, A(ia)+B(ib)
for n = 1 to k do
    if A(ia + 1) + B(ib) > A(ia) + B(ib + 1) then
        ia = ia + 1
        output ia, ib, A(ia)+B(ib)
    else if A(ia + 1) + B(ib) < A(ia) + B(ib + 1) then
        ib = ib + 1
        output ia, ib, A(ia)+B(ib)
    else // equality case
        ia = ia + 1