Hi all, I guess the bishops problem has a generic solution. The
formula is 2n-2. Where n is the chess board size n * n . Regarding the
arrangement one can place n bishops in one side of the board and on
the opposite side you can place n-2 bishops starting from the position
n/2 to n-2 position, and remaining(n-2)/2 can be used to fill up the
left side. Hope this is correct... Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my mobile device

Arvinth KumarDD