Can we do this?

Start with a node, take an edge say between x1 and x2 of length k1.
Take another node x3 and check distance between x1 and x3 (k13) and x2
and x3 (k23)

Depending on whether k13 or k23 is bigger, the node x3 between x1 and
x2 or away from x1 and after x2.

Proceeding in this way should get you the correct order i guess. Thoughts?

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Piyush Sinha <ecstasy.piy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But the problem arises in setting the order............
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Piyush Sinha <ecstasy.piy...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think for initial start it should be the minimum n values for n
>> milestones....
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Akshata Sharma <akshatasharm...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is a straight roads with 'n' number of milestones. You are given an
>>> array with the distance between all the pairs of milestones in some random
>>> order. Find the position of milestones.
>>> Example:
>>> Consider a road with 4 milestones(a,b,c,d) :
>>> a <--- 3Km --->b<--- 5Km --->c<--- 2Km --->d
>>> Distance between a and b = 3
>>> Distance between a and c = 8
>>> Distance between a and d = 10
>>> Distance between b and c = 5
>>> Distance between b and d = 7
>>> Distance between c and d = 2
>>> All the above values are given in a random order say 7, 10, 5, 2, 8, 3.
>>> The output must be 3,5,2 or 2,5,3
>>>
>>> --

>> Piyush Sinha
>> IIIT, Allahabad