Hi, probably you did'nt got my approach :

A={2,2,3,4,1,1,1,1,1}

first i=0 A[i] = 2

so candidates are A[1] ,A[2]

we choose max(A[1] +1 , 2 + A[2]) = A[2]

now we jump to A[2].

now candidates are A[3],A[4],A[5]
we choose max(A[3] + 3 , A[4] + 4, A[5] + 5)
= A[3]

so now we jump to A[3]

now candidates are A[4],A[5],A[6],A[7],

Clearly A[7] + 7 is maximum so we jump to A[7] and then we jump to
A[8]

so we went from 0->2->3->7->8.

Note i am not choosing max A[i] I am choosing max(i + A[i]).

Can anyone find a flaw in this approach ?