@Saurabh: Here's a challenge for you. Suppose I give you an array of
length 1024 with the first 987 elements in sorted order and the
remaining elements unsorted. Knowing that you can probe any of the
1024 elements, without making explicit use of the fact that you know
that 987 elements are sorted, design an O(log n) search that will
locate any one of the first 987 elements. If you can do that, then the
answer to your question is "Yes."

Dave