@ravu sairam:

Suppose the hashing is banned ,now what is ur solution???
Hashing is quite theoretical concept with time complexity O(1).

But it will not be the case every time.so suggest some other better
solution

I used to thought of using count array ,but again its size is not O(n), its
size should be  max-min+1 .
and it looks odd. so even if someone want to provide linear time solution
using extra space in O(n)  it is welcome...

On 24 November 2011 05:13, shady <sinv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hashing is not that simple, can you tell your hash function ?
>

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM, ravu sairam <ravu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have an O(n) space and time solution by using hashing . Firstly,
>> make a hash table by using a hash function for each of the number in
>> the array. After that, go through the hash table to see whether there
>> are any repetitions for the same entry.

Regards
Kumar Raja
M.Tech(SIT)