@atul...
if its the sum of the elements to the left of a[i] which are smaller the my
approach works w/o any flaw....
here's the working code for it....http://ideone.com/CH7VW
if its the sum of all elements lesser than the element a[i] then this algo
is surely wrong
n we then have to proceed by the avl trees or some height balanced tree n
the algo would be of TC-O(nlogn)
btw nyc catch thnx...

Regards,
PAYAL GUPTA