@rahul ...
by my last line i meant that since we got to form a string of  6 chars with
the restriction that a<b <c and x<y<z  should be in order as told by
saurabh above.
for convenience consider 'spaces' to be 'positions'.
Or for better understanding consider this....
for forming a string with 6 chars we need to have 6 positions to be filled
so now select 3 postions for the individual chars in set "a,b ,c" .
this by mathematics  is 6c3. since there is jst one way as the a<b<c so in
all placing the chars of set "abc" is 6c3 *1 till now.
now since only 3 positions are left so place "x,y,z" as it is in the left
spaces in order so resultant ans vud be 6c3*1*1 =20
hope this helps you get it.