From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 8:03 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Uni-directional Microphones

What's a figure 8 mic look like? I keep hearing they hear from the frunt
and back. What's that mean? So hear's what I emagin. Something like an
SM58 but as well as hearing you at the front end like the 58 it heard
you even if you're talking at the XLR end of it. Sorry if this isn't too
clear but again I've not used a true figure 8. Only the H6's little mid
side ball. But not a true studio figure 8 capable mic. Well I guess my
question might be hard to answer as I guess it depends on what company
made the mic and what said mic looks like. Also I ask because I was
talking to someone and I said that I figure that the human ear drum if
compaired to mics would I suspect be omni patterned. Than in replay to
that comment someone figured they'd be figure 8. But again if figure 8
mics work as I suspect from what people say about them that doesn't add
up. Because why than do you hear things in front of your head and right
in back? Figure 8 would be a strange pattern.

-----
No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.