Hello Steve,

I believe they have stopped making them but I am sure you would be able to get
one from somewhere. I am talking about the Google Chrome Audio Cast. It is a
little run disk shaped unit with a 3.5mm socket. Which you can plug into your
amplifier. For the money they are excellent sound quality. A great way to
stream audio.

I am not sure but an Echo Dot linked to your amplifier would also work if you
paired via bluetooth your computer. Sound quality not as good as the audio cast
but very reasonable.. You could probably ask the echo to play your favourite
radio station. So no computer needed.

Regards,

> On 30 Aug 2020, at 22:58, Steve Gomes <finnygo...@q.com> wrote:
>
> I have all of my music as mp3 files on the computer. The computer is
> upstairs and the stereo is downstairs in a town house. For about four years
> I used an audio engine w3 wireless to send the music down to the stereo. It
> would cut out once in a while it wasn't too bad but lately it cut out so
> many times that I couldn't stand it and took it out. Then I took an old
> computer moved it downstairs  put the music on it and used a cable  from the
> sound card  to the stereo. It works fine. This old computer cannot have
> access to the internet. Also I like to listen to accuradio. So I can only
> listen to my collection. That's okay. When I get a new computer, I will put
> my current one down there and hook it to the stereo and wirelessly have it
> connect to the modem upstairs. The computer has a little antenna on it so I
> think I can use wi-fi to get the internet that way. I wish I could use just
> one computer and send the music downstairs but I don't think that is
> possible. The town houses are attached and everybody has wi-fi and wireless
> everything which interfered with the audio engine. All of this stuff is on
> the 2.4 gigahertz band. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could send the
> music downstairs without interference?  We can't use a long cable. No longer
> than ten feet. Also I use winamp 566 to play the music. Is there another
> program that you think works better? I have about 18 gigs of it. thank you
> very much

Georgina

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259