On  Sunday, 02 December 2001 15:50:36 Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>    > ...which is quite misleading...since is the same result i have on
>    another
>    > machine with an intel audio chips which is working fine with
>    intel8x10...
>    > so just in case i compiled the intel...
>       It seems that no yamaha hardware is in your computer.
>    Try the snd-card-intel8x0 module.

now is getting weird.
from var/log/message
PCI: Enabling device 00:1f:5 (0000 -> 0001)
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 00:1f.5. Please try using
pci=biosirq (tried it hangs the computer....)
ALSA card-intel8x0.c:1201: unable to grab IRQ 0
ALSA card-intel8x0.c:1346 Intel ICH soundcard not found or device busy
Unable to grab IRQ 0 for snd-card-intel8x0

while for the yamaha module ymfpci there is a simple soundcard not found or
device busy.
I never saw a IRQ 0....that was exciting...

Now even if off topics...it looks like there isnt any yamaha 753 in this
machine.
well how they dare to advertize (well the use manual says ymf753 the specs
from toshiba as well)
  something different from the they ship? (well all the instructions here say
ymf753...)
According to Toshiba one of the output share Headphone and S/PDIF Optical
Output (this is one of the reasons why i was interested in this
computer...)....
but the Intel chip does not support such option, while the Yamaha 753 is
suppose to support...
I mean this is my first laptop...but it is this anormal behaviour?

I've made the mistake of wiping out right away W_XP. I'm curious to reinstall
it and see how it goes under XP.

        semifurious
        marco

PS. Sorry for the off topic section...

      marco trevisani   (to get the real email address take out "__")
email________________:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web________________:  http://trevisani.mine.nu        DeMuDi -- Debian
Multimedia Distribution          demudi email_________:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              demudi web__________: