On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, marco trevisani wrote:

> now is getting weird.
> from var/log/message
> PCI: Enabling device 00:1f:5 (0000 -> 0001)
> PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 00:1f.5. Please try using
> pci=biosirq (tried it hangs the computer....)
> ALSA card-intel8x0.c:1201: unable to grab IRQ 0
> ALSA card-intel8x0.c:1346 Intel ICH soundcard not found or device busy
> Unable to grab IRQ 0 for snd-card-intel8x0

I also have a Toshiba Satellite 5005-S504.   There is no way that I could
find to get into it's BIOS.  The TOSHIBA HWSetup software that is included
in the laptop's WinXP installation has no settings for disabling PnP.  The
laptop has no APM support, only ACPI which leads me to believe that the
laptop's bios probably does not support PNPBIOS either, especially since
it appears to be a bios homebrewed by Toshiba.

I repartitioned XP and am dual booting.  In WinXP, the sound card shows up
as YAMAHA AC-XG Audio Device, and it says it's using the following
resources:

  I/O Range F800-F8FF
  I/O Range FB40-FB7F
  IRQ 10

So I guess it is a yamaha, though strange that it shows up in lspci and
/proc/pci as an Intel.  It does this to me too.

I've managed to get the USB, touchpad, acpi extensions, x-windows using
nvidia's drivers, pcmcia, and the included usb floppy all working in Linux
as long as I used kernel 2.4.16 or 2.5.1pre5.  Otherwise, the USB
subsystem gives me trouble.

I have yet to get the included soundcard working though.  I've tried
EVERYTHING I could think of and have pretty much given up for now until
there's a way to assign an irq to the pci sound card through acpi.

I've tried using setpci -s .5 INTERRUPT_LINE=5   with no effect even
though lspci -xxxx -vv -s .5 shows the irq changed in the hex.

Anyways, if you have any luck getting your's to work, I'd be very
interested in the details.

Regards,
Tom Prado