On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> As ALSA is now in the linux kernel, should the HOWTO be part of the linux
> documents HOWTO pages ?

        First of all, the ALSA-sound-mini-HOWTO *is* a part of the Linux
Documentation Project at http://www.linuxdoc.org. Is this what you were
referring to?

        Next, has anyone contacted the ALSA-sound-mini-HOWTO's maintainer,
Valentijn Sessink? His email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED] He's
probably the best person to coordinate any changes.

        Next, the standard format for the Linux Documentation project is
DocBook/XML. I converted the HOWTO to DocBook/XML back in August of last
year. I submitted it to Valentijn but I don't know what happened. I still
have my work, if anyone's interested.

<rant>
        Finally, if you're going to turn everything over to the Wikki
kiddies then count me out! I believe in quality over quantity.
</rant>

-- Kevin Conder, [EMAIL PROTECTED]