James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Leif Lindholm wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 04:00, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> I guess you might be out of luck then, as there is currently no
> documentation on how to write sound card drivers for alsa09.
>
> I think the only way you can possibly compare alsa05 with alsa09 at the
> moment, is pick simple sound card like the sb16, and compare the card's
> source code in alsa05 and alsa09.
>
> Cheers
> James

I know this information is about writing an alsa client and not a
driver....
But, perhaps Mark Rages', Matthias Nagorni's and Paul Davis's pages on
writing clients with the alsa library would be helpful in some way:
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~markrages/wiki/index.php?WritingAnAlsaClient

The later two are linked to from the first.

I appologize if this isn't helpful.

-Eric Rz.