Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

>James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>
>>Leif Lindholm wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 04:00, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>>>

>>I guess you might be out of luck then, as there is currently no
>>documentation on how to write sound card drivers for alsa09.
>>
>>I think the only way you can possibly compare alsa05 with alsa09 at the
>>moment, is pick simple sound card like the sb16, and compare the card's
>>source code in alsa05 and alsa09.
>>
>>Cheers
>>James
>>

>I know this information is about writing an alsa client and not a
>driver....
>But, perhaps Mark Rages', Matthias Nagorni's and Paul Davis's pages on
>writing clients with the alsa library would be helpful in some way:
>http://mlug.missouri.edu/~markrages/wiki/index.php?WritingAnAlsaClient
>
>The later two are linked to from the first.
>
>I appologize if this isn't helpful.
>
>-Eric Rz.

I think Leif was asking how to write drivers for the sound hardware
device to alsa-lib interface(i.e. What alsa-driver/alsa-kernel does) and
not the application to alsa-lib interface.
Maybe I will write some documentation when i attempt to write a new
hardware driver myself. I am thinking of writing one for the dxr3 mpeg2
decoder board, which has a simple audio out jack on it, which currently
only have oss support.

Cheers
James