On Tuesday 26 November 2002 00.24, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I try to use mmap with this card I get the following behaviour:
> (BTW, I give an explicit snd_pcm_start)
> In stereo-mode (device 0), I can preload the buffer with 2 periods of
> audio data, start and it works well.
> In ADAT-mode (device 1), trying to preload with 2 periods, gives a
> very distorted sound. It only works with preloading 3 (or more)
> periods before starting.
>
> When I use regular writei, I don't see this limitation. I only need 2
> periods of audio in ADAT-mode.
>

> Is this a bug of the driver, or a property of the card?

It was a while I looked at the driver last, and I don't use it in memory
mapped mode nor ADAT in my daily work, so I really don't know about the
state of the driver in those parts.

The hardware does not support memory mapped I/O, so it is copied by the
CPU in the interrupt handler. Thus for that card you gain nothing from
using memory mapped I/O, it was only implemented for compability.

I shall save this mail into "stuff I should look into", but right now it
is unfortunately not among my top-ten items on the to do list.

/Anders Torger