Hi,

I purchased a Delta 44 for playback with my consumer grade Sony ES
receiver.  Installation of ALSA went smoothly, and I can hear music
okay, but it sometimes clips.  I believe this is because the analog
signal level is set inappropriately and there's no way using Linux
software for me to fix it.  Here's an excerpt from the Delta 44 manual:

        The Delta 44 Digital Recording Interface's analog inputs and
        outputs are compatible with a wide variety of audio products.
        The Delta Control Panel software allows you to configure the
        signal levels of each input individually, and all outputs as a
        group.  Signal level settings of +4/Consumer/-10 are available.
        Selecting the +4 radio button configures the channel(s) for use
        with +4dBu signal levels, compatible with most musical
        instruments and professional mixers.  Selecting the -10 setting
        sets up the channel(s) for -10dBV nominal signal levels,
        commonly used with consumer equipment such as CD, MiniDisc,
        cassette tape and DAT players.  The Consumer setting is
        preferred for semi-pro audio equipment and some consumer
        equipment that is too hot for the -10 setting.  The Consumer
        setting offers approximately 6dB more headroom than does the -10
        setting.  Semi-pro and consumer devices signal levels vary from
        manufacturer-to-manufacturer and even product-to-product, so a
        little experimentation between Consumer and -10 settings may be
        required for optimal results.

The screen shot of the Windows driver shows the choices for +4dBu,
Consumer, and -10dbV.  I was unable to find any way of setting these
using Linux software, including envy24control, and don't see any mention
of them in the ice1712 source code.

I'm disappointed because I spent extra money on this card to get good
quality playback for my music.  I would not have purchased it had I
known this is a problem.  Please make it clear on the Known bugs page or
Soundcard Matrix so no one else makes the same mistake.

Thanks,
Sam