>Oh, oh...  oh!  I see!
>
>I was feeling the sinking "I'm getting 90% of functionality with Linux
>because hardware companies don't see the light yet, sigh" and now it's
>been replaced with the less frequent feeling of "the Linux version does
>it better.  Yeah!"

although it makes me happy to see you feeling this way, i felt
compelled to add that i'm not necessarily sure that the linux way *is*
better. its more flexible, that's true. but the two different
standards for "input maximum signal level" are just that - standards -
and the fader to control this makes it much harder to switch between
the two levels that all of my equipment uses.

i'm just nitpicking really, we all love linux, once we get it
working :)

--p