Hallo,
Mark Hubbard hat gesagt: // Mark Hubbard wrote:

> On Friday 14 Nov 2003 15:31, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:11:22 +0000, Mark Hubbard wrote:
> > > And what is your definition of an "el-cheapo" soundcard? :)
> >
> > what requires dmix plugin :)
>
> In that case, Audiotrak, Terratec and M-Audio sound cards are "el-cheapo", and
> Creative sound cards are "high quality"!

Maybe a better term would be an "el-cheapo user". If someone buys an
RME card and then complains "Hey, I bought the most expensive card
supported by ALSA and now this crap can't even play two sounds at the
same time like my old Soundblasting AWE did" then that would define an
"el-cheapo user". ^_^

ciao