Thank you,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaroslav Kysela [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 2:35 PM
To: Pavana Sharma
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] Testing Audio driver

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Pavana Sharma wrote:

> My doubts are,
>  where can I find the definitions for these functions or Alsa APIs ?
>  Do i need to have any lib (alsa_lib) ?
>  If not how my driver can be accessed from application layer, I mean how
> calls are mapped ?

You must use alsa-lib. We don't allow to use the syscalls directly.
Also, you might look to alsa-lib/test/pcm.c code which shows you
(and you can test with it) all access methods (playback only) - compile
alsa-lib and type 'make pcm' in the test directory.

Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, SuSE Labs