Hi Folks !
I hava a ALS4000 soundcard, and used to use the ALSA drivers for it(
since there ar no others for it AFAIK). Now, i tried to use devfs. looks
cool, but doesn't seem to cooperate. i installed devfsd(1.3.18), then
re-compiled the alsa stuff (0.9.beta9). now, wher i boot my system,
basically nothing hapens. The ALSA modules loaded, there is  /dev/snd/ .
it contains :
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116,   0 Jan  1  1970 controlC0
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116,  32 Jan  1  1970 controlC1
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116,  64 Jan  1  1970 controlC2
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116,  96 Jan  1  1970 controlC3
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116, 128 Jan  1  1970 controlC4
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116, 160 Jan  1  1970 controlC5
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116, 192 Jan  1  1970 controlC6
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116, 224 Jan  1  1970 controlC7
crw-rw----    1 root     user     116,  33 Jan  1  1970 timer
nice. Are these the sound-devices ? The old-style devices don't exist.
no /dev/mixer, nothing. so still no sound.

After i executed the snddevices script included in the alsa-driver,
everything wokks fine. but that shouldn't be necessary, how i understood
  the philosophy of devfs. I included the recommended lines in
/etc/devfs.conf:
# For alsa modules ... hope this helps ....
LOOKUP snd MODLOAD ACTION snd
REGISTER sound/.* PERMISSIONS root.user 660
REGISTER snd/.* PERMISSIONS root.user 660